1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Window tint

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by 99ChevyZ71, May 23, 2010.

1. 99ChevyZ71

99ChevyZ71 New Member

Getting my Windows tinted soon just wandering what y'all suggest for a black truck im thinking 15% want it a little darker than the stock on the rear and if you were to put 15% over the stock would it make it darker than 15%, thanks in advance
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Just make sure you check your local tint laws, so you dont have any problems.
  3. 99ChevyZ71

99ChevyZ71 New Member

don't have to worry about that around here there not enforced:great:
  4. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

I think it will look a bit darker, id ask the tint shop, i had to go with something like 20% on the rear window when i wanted 10%.. Wierd how it works..
    And if they arent messed with then id tint away.,. Here in MN we get stopped for having any tint on our front windows.
  5. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie New Member

I tinted mine as dark as the law allowed and i tinted them all the way around. But then i was forced to take my double eyebrows off the front windows.
  6. 99ChevyZ71

99ChevyZ71 New Member

ive got several buddys running 5% and dont have any trouble around here so im not worried bout it im thinkin between 15-20% which isn't much under the 27% legal
  7. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle New Member 1000 Posts

i say go for the limo tint!
  8. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Must be nice...they check your tint when you get your vehicle inspected every year here. My dad had to take his tint off and have 35% put on before they would pass him.
  9. 99ChevyZ71

99ChevyZ71 New Member

thats y im glad we dont have inspections but that does suck
  10. lsutoms

lsutoms New Member

I have 20%+5% all the way around.. If you put a layer of 20% on your rear windows it will then be 5% or around that.. 2 layers of 20 is 5... And my back windows were 18.5% so their all inbetween 15-20% stock usually