Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

window tint

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by elkosp16, Jul 28, 2010.

1. elkosp16

elkosp16 Member

Whats the percent for the factory window tint? And what percent do most people use for the front windows?

I live in PA and your only allowed 70% on all windows, so I know its gonna be illegal but I know a bunch of people with tinted windows on their trucks and have never gotten pulled over, so I guess they are pretty lenient with trucks.

2. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I put 35% on the front windows of my Avalanche and it matches almost perfect...

3. elkosp16

elkosp16 Member

I'd like them to match pretty well, but if anything i'd rather the front be a lil lighter, I really don't want the the front to be darker then the rear.

4. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

On my Silverado the factory tinted windows are stamped with what percentage they are. Mine from the factory is 16% and I had 18% put on the front doors and 20% over the factory tinted back glass.

5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I know i went with 35% on the front windows on all of my trucks and it matched really nicely with the rear window tint and was a bit lighter.. Here in MN legal is 50% and i never got bothered with on the front windows.. And if it is a factory option on your rear windows then usually the cops dont look at them but they will look at the fronts from my experience.

6. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

In Arizona you can only have 33% or lighter on the front by law...the rear windows can be as dark as you want. I had limo on all my windows and have been stopped once or twice and given a "fix it ticket".....never changed it however.

7. sharpshooterusmc

sharpshooterusmc Rockstar 100 Posts

it depends on the year of your truck, 2007+ the rear windows will match well with 35%. If your truck is 2006 or older, 20% will match up well.
    i used to work at a tint shop

8. 02 Heavy Chevy

02 Heavy Chevy New Member

I put 20% Black Magic tint on the front of my 02 silverado and it matches up very nicely.

9. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

20 is about perfect for matching.

10. elkosp16

elkosp16 Member

Thanks for the help. It looks like I'm gonna have to try 20% now lol. I've noticed the cops only really care about tint on rice burners so hopefully I'll be safe haha.