1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Window Tinting Laws ~ Help me out here guys :D

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by staymad, Jan 31, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. staymad

staymad New Member

So our Texas State law says you cant have under 25% tint on your front side windows, well 25% is too light for me, if I dropped it down to 20% you think the cops would notice is all that much?
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

From my experience, police will find a reason to pull you over if they want. I am not saying anything bad about police officers. But, driving next to you one will not be able to tell if you have 20% or 25%. So, if they want to pull you over they are going to whether you have 20% or 25%. From some of your recent posts it seems like you are a magnet for police in your area. Personally, I don't want to give an officer any reason to pull me over. Not that I have something to hide. I just don't want to be inconvenienced. In Michigan you can not have any tint on the front windows. So, in my last few trucks I have not done it. All I need is to have one beer within an hour of driving(which would put me over the legal limit here) and get pulled over for tinted windows.
  3. staymad

staymad New Member

Yeah, I under stand. The cops in my little town, they try to pull me over because I caused hell when i had my 1980 trans am, and now that i got my pickup they try to pull me over for all kinds of stuff. its horrible
  4. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Since its a 2 door just tint them doors legal and the back window darker. And if your I'm a little town you need just get good with the police then you'll never get bothered
  5. Cheez

Cheez Member 100 Posts

I would tint the front the legal limit and consider an eyebrow. They cut down on a lot more light in the cab than you think they would. I'm not sure if they're illegal or not but I've never been hassled with a 6" eyebrow in La.
  6. walmart player

walmart player New Member

in have "illegal" tint in my truck and i have never been bothered....knock on wood
  7. AnimalYates

AnimalYates New Member 100 Posts

If I'm not mistaken, state law here in Ohio is 50% on the side windows, and I've been running 20% on vehicles I've owned and I've never gotten so much as a funny look from a cop. So I would say you'll be fine. Just don't give them a reason to pull you over.
  8. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Since you already know your on their radar I dont think I'd give them an automatic reason to stop me every time they felt like it. But you are in a small Texas town and normally the police in those towns do what they want (with-in reason) anyways.
    In my older age I've gotten to the point where I try not to invite anymore drama than I have to in my life so I stick to legal things now.
  9. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Here in Missouri it's 35% max, and a $90 ticket each time.
  10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Thread moved out of the coffee shop discussion forum.