Window Vent Visors

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by jdennis44, Sep 26, 2011.

1. jdennis44

jdennis44 Rockstar 100 Posts

Whats everybodys opinions on the vent visors? I really think i want some and i want the in-channel type but i cant decide. i am thinking about the AVS seamless style BUT i know the normal AVS in-channels are good to. but i like the look of the low profile seamless type. anyone have any suggestions?

Here is a link to the seamless ones i was talking about.

2010 Chevy Silverado AVS Seamless Vent Visor, AVS Seamless Window Deflectors, Low Profile VentVisors

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Have you looked at the Weathertech's? They have two tint shades avaible.

3. jdennis44

i havent until now. I like those though. Thanks. Do you have those?

4. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I took mine off, I only really needed them to flick ash out the window when it was raining. Now that I've been smoke free for over 3 years I realized I didn't need them anymore. I did notice that wind noise is reduced without them and when I have the window open there is less buffeting now too. Just putting it out there.

5. jdennis44

i appreciate the info! i have never had them so any input is appreciated!! oh and congrats on the smoke free!!! i dont smoke so the only real reason i want them is so i can keep my windows cracked when its rediculously hot and usually rains every other afternoon!

6. sanitarium09

sanitarium09 New Member

I was thinking about getting a set but have pretty much deceided against it as I don't think they're really necessary. Plus my side windows are tinted to 20% so I'd probably end up with some blind spots.

7. jdennis44

See thats my issue! i have talked myself out of it a few times because my windows are 3% in the back and 6% on the front two so i dont know if they would hurt my visibility any more than it already is...

8. southern_x

southern_x New Member

weathertechs by far have the best for in-channel vents, ive tried avs and putco on my fj and i should have just stayed with weathertechs fitment it awesome!

9. jdennis44

Thanks man. i think i have decided on those if i get any.

10. southern_x

southern_x New Member

has anyone on this forum setup a group buy with weather tech? i know on some other forums i see groupbuys and have participated in 3 for 20% off