1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Window Vents

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by raiderman8112, Apr 12, 2008.

1. raiderman8112

raiderman8112 New Member

is there an advantage of having the window vents that are in channel compared to the ones that are of the stick on variety?
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I think they're mosted called Vent Visors around here. I think the in-channel ones offer some advantages overall.
  3. finalday7

finalday7 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I put the ones that just go on with double sided tape on my dads titan for his birthday and he loves them. He smokes and it rains alot here so he hasn't had any problems. Also when he would open the window in the morning the dew would drip all over the controls, now it goes straigt down the side of the truck.
  4. 383man

383man New Member 100 Posts

the main problem with the stick on ones is that they don't last as long with the original adhesive, the in channel ones have constant pressure on them from the window pushing against them, but the stick on ones are in the weather and don't have that pressure, go for the inchannel ones.