GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Window Visors

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Chris Platte, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Chris Platte

Chris Platte New Member

Hey

Just wondering which is better the in channel or stick on visors?

Thanks
  2. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 New Member

They really arent any different i have the stick on AVS black smoked ones they help out allot!
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member

I know people that had there in-channels blow out while driving with there windows down. Wife has stick-on AVS since '05 on her Trailblazer and there hang'n in. I don't have any because I don't like the way they look, JMO.
  4. Greg84

Greg84 New Member

Most brands of in channel visors now use double sided tape so the problems they had blowing out of the window channel should be non-existent if they're properly installed (as in clean the window channel good before installing them!).

The only issue I've ever had installing the in channel style is on the new fords and dodges that have the auto-up windows. You pull on the window switch and it goes up by itself, except with the auto up it detects the visor in the channel and makes the windows go back down. I haven't seen that feature yet on the new GM trucks, but I wouldn't be surprised if it showed up in 2012 or 2013.
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

It's about the same either way, these days, so choose in-channel or stick-on based on the look you want. Also poke around with the search function on the forums before buying, as there are high quality and low-quality for both types ... and learning what's worked well for others (and what hasn't) may save you some pain.
  6. xsparky

xsparky New Member

I have the in channel from weather tech they are a little pricey. But would nut go with anything but with weather tech they install in about 5 to 10 minutes with out tape.