1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!
  1. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

Ok, so my driver side window just randomly stopped working luckily its stuck in the up position, but it kinda sucks after school when its hot and I can't roll it down. It randomly didn't work yesterday, but I fixed it but trying to slide it a bit and it reengaged. No problem until this afternoon after a meet it did it again, but now wont reengage at all.

I feel the toggle clicking trying to make it go down, but notta. I don't wanna keep trying and burn out the motor.
  2. Conlan Rose

So window was totally working this morning.. :grrrrrr: its taunting me.
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would start by testing the switch with a test light.
  4. Conlan Rose

Well it started working again and worked when I went out to lunch. If it stops working again I'll be worried and bring out the multimeter and test light.
  5. Kady

Kady New Member

Bad connection to the switch? Regulator seizing up? Motor on its way out? frayed regulator cable?
  6. Conlan Rose

I think it might be the regulator because that window goes down almost twice as fast as my other 3. I'm just dreading the fix because I will have to take the door panel off and I don't want to break any more of those plastic clips.
  7. Kady

Kady New Member

8. Conlan Rose

That's pretty much how I did it last time when I had to replace my drivers side handle. Currently the bottom three plastic clips are broken after 17 years they're really brittle. But might just pop off the controller for easy access to test that when I did it last time I only removed the bolts and partially removed the panel so I could access what I needed.
  9. Conlan Rose

The issue has popped up again. Memorial day weekend I plan to really dive in to the problem. This time it has totally stopped working. There is no reason for it to do this the window usually works perfect. All the other windows work perfect.
  10. Kady

Kady New Member

Happened to mine, cable got caught up and snapped.