1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Windows hard to roll up, 04 Silverado

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by JimOmaha, Nov 18, 2009.

1. JimOmaha

JimOmaha New Member

My windows are hard to roll up on my 04 Silverado[​IMG]. I wiped off the tracks and sprayed them and the pulleys with silicone. Still binding on both sides. Any suggestions?
    [​IMG]

2. reDONKulus

reDONKulus New Member

Man up! :) they seem to be harder to roll than should be in that era truck i got an 07 classic and mine are tough too been that way since i drove it out of the showroom!
  3. JimOmaha

JimOmaha New Member

I just bought it and the people who had it before me pulled the knobs off the cranks on both doors so I figured something was wrong. I am going to install power windows and was affraid it might burn up the motors.
  4. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 New Member

The track and the window itself might not be lined up properly...
  5. JimOmaha

JimOmaha New Member

I took out the whole ass'y and looked for wear marks and unusual play. None, not even dirt. Thinking it is just normal like reDONKulus said. TritonBoulder47 mentioned track and window not lined up. I did take his advice and try changing alignment of track play position and position of window clamps. Is there a proper procedure to do this?
    I installed the power window kit. Seems to work fine but if there is a proper alignment procedure, let me know please.
    Jim