1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Windshield Visor

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by trimhalifax, May 17, 2009.

1. trimhalifax

trimhalifax Rockstar 100 Posts

Has anyone put a windhield visor on their truck . What are your thoughts on this.
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have been looking into getting one, but I do not have one just of yet. The one's that LUND makes are the best brand, but you just have to make sure that you keep underneath of it clean and silicone it real good. I saw on another forum a guy that took one off his truck, and the whole roof had rotted through. Lund has a newer low-profile one out now that's called the LR2 series, instead of screwing into the top of the roof. You screw it into the inner door jambs, you pull back the weather stripping and the brackets go behind that. That's the one I was looking at and it does come lit and unlit, Summit Racing sells them for $229. Hope this helps a little, but I think the drilling keeps a lot of people away from them.

READ THIS LINK ABOUT THIS GUYS PERSONAL EXPERIENCE: http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377523&highlight=lund visor
  3. trimhalifax

trimhalifax Rockstar 100 Posts

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. I want to keep the body mint, was hoping someone made one that attaches without drilling.
  4. Greg84

Greg84 Rockstar 100 Posts

You might have trouble finding a visor.. Lund discontinued them at the end of last year.
  5. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I have a Lund on my '89. I love the look, but after all these years, it has cracked some around the bolt holes.
    I noticed that your truck has a hood deflector - I had one on mine, as well.

I found that when traveling at highway speed, there was an updraft at the windshield wipers, causing them to lift. I figure that's where the air met coming up from hood deflector and down from the visor. When I finally took the deflector off, the wipers worked again.

There's a big differnce in the aero of the hood between our years, but just that your aware.

Good luck,