1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Windshield Washer Fluid Pump

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by meash20, Mar 23, 2009.

1. meash20

meash20 Rockstar

The Short Version: I'm trying to locate the pump for the windshield washer fluid. Does anyone have a diagram or pic of it?

The Long Version:

My "Check washer fluid" note was showing on the dash, so I thought great! I have a whole bottle of juice in the garage. I poured it into the resevoir, and almost immediately it was pouring out onto the driveway.

So after a little searching I found out that there was a break/crack in the a line coming from the reservoir. Doing a little more research it turned out that it was actually disconnected from the line that goes to the wipers. I also noticed that the one going to the rear window was also broken.

I marched to AutoZone and got some replacement hose, the rubber kind, which just about fit perfectly over the original more firm kind. I joked to the lady, that "I'd get this fixed just to find out that the pump wasn't working..." (I'd not tested that part since I picked up the truck last week).

So I come home, repair the lines put the battery back in and give it a whirl... Sure enough... no juice is flowing... Guess I jinxed myself with that comment. :) The good news however, there isn't a leak anymore and the rear washer is working just fine!

This brings me to today... and my question... Where is the front fluid pump? cause well, I guess that is what I need to look at next. The switch in the cab appears to work fine, the wipers move when the washer is pressed, I just don't hear any pump motor.

thanks in advance!

-matt-

2. scgamer_99

scgamer_99 Rockstar

my bad just woke up i'll fix it in a sec

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  3. meash20

meash20 Rockstar

That looks to be the wiper motor guide...

I'm looking for the fluid pump :)

-matt-

4. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Use the repair manuals online link in the tech Q&A. I just looked it up for your 03.

5. Rich Sr

Rich Sr New Member

Check out Autozone again for the pump itself, and ask if they can print out the replacement instructions for the part. That should locate it for you, but on earlier versions it is on the resovoir

6. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

its on the reservoir

7. meash20

meash20 Rockstar

Thanks!

Figured as much... haven't taken the time to get down to it just yet...

-matt-

8. tswelsh

tswelsh New Member

Just had the exact same thing happen. Best I can figure it's coming out of the pump that sits on the reservoir so ordered a new pump. Did you replace yours? Seems difficult to get to so looking for any advice on how to get it off and replaced.
    Thanks,

9. Jimzu

Jimzu New Member

Just repaired a crack in the resevoir on my 2000 burban. Pulled the battery and battery pan, took the screws out of the reservoir and pulled it out from under the vehicle. The pumps and electric are "plugged" into the bottom of the reservoir. My 2 cents - for what it's worth.