1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Windshield Washer Fluid Rain-X Bug Remover review

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Dr_Zero, May 20, 2009.

1. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero New Member

Ok I know you all have seen on the news about the weather we have been having in Florida and while driving in the downpour I really appreciated how well this product works.

http://www.rainx.com/Products/Windshield_Washer_Fluids/Bug_Remover.aspx
    [​IMG]

Rain-X® Bug Remover Windshield Washer Fluid is formulated with advanced technology for streak-free cleaning power. The washer fluid applies water beading technology to your windshield for greater driving visibility.

* Instantly applies Rain-X technology to the windshield
    * Powers off bugs & road grime
    * Repels rain, mud and soil for greater visibility
    * Effective to 32 degrees F

I have used the old blue stuff for years and then I tried the Prestone and was not impressed but I tried the Rain-x and it did great on getting the love bugs off the glass and then when it rained I was really surprised it worked again.
    It leaves a trace amount of glass treatment on the windshield when you spray it and then when it rains the water just beads up and rolls up off the windshield.
    Like I have said before I'm skeptical of many wonder products but now its the only kind I use I dont mind paying more for it cause I have used it and it works.
    The wipers do not chatter and the life expectancy does not seem to be reduced with the use of this product.

Oh and for all you folks where it freezes during the winter they got you covered also
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: May 20, 2009
  2. bry2500

bry2500 New Member 1000 Posts

Good review I was debating spending the extra money for that stuff. I'll take your word for it and splurge.
  3. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts

Does this help with the bug smoosh when you're going down the road and run into a dragonfly or something? Normally with wipers and blue-juice it takes it, smears it, gets rid of the chunks but leave the smeared smoosh. Have you noticed if it helps take care of the smoosh?
  4. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics New Member 1000 Posts

I always use rain-x. I have never tried the washer fluid though. I think I will be buying a gallon of it.
  5. ahm1127

ahm1127 Member

I have used it for the last 7-8 years & swear by it, works better if you dont use wipers in heavy rain.
  6. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics New Member 1000 Posts

I hardly ever use my wipers with the stuff. Actually right now I have AMSOIL's rain clear on, but they just discontinued it last week. The washer fluid sounds like the way to go, a lot easier than rubbing it on.
  7. cascott325

cascott325 New Member 1000 Posts

oh hell yea, thats all i use. i used to use the blue stuff, but would put rain-x in the wiper reservoir (the stuff specific for it) but i figured i would be spending the same amount if i were to just get the stuff already to go. does a great job with bugs, and i rarely turn my wipers on in the rain. and springthing, yes it does take the smush too. usually for the tuff ones, i will turn the wipers on high and then spray a little every few seconds till clean. i have a big problem though, my passenger side squirter has decided to start squirting past the window instead of on the window... wtf, and i cant figure out how to fix it
  8. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero New Member

LOL smooshes LOL Why yes it does LOL

Like the fellow said I hit it with some spray and the wipers and usually even the big yellow smears come off.
    If you use the stuff on a clean window it also helps when it comes time to clean the smooshes off.

Truthfully I have not looked at mine on the truck but on other cars If you get a straight pin and put it in the squirter hole you can aim that sucker at the windshield again.
  9. meash20

meash20 New Member

I have a gallon of the 2 in 1 sitting in the garage, once i get my fluid pump functioning again, I'll give it a go!
  10. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Active Member 1000 Posts

Hmmm, might give it a try. In the next month we're heading to Flagstaff AZ for our 6 day stay at the La Quinta. Ill get some and give it a try. We spend most of a day driving across Texas-800 miles- and Texas is big central. Louisiana has lots of bugs , but Texas has a larger population of HUGE SUICIDAL bugs!

Now I use this concentrate-blue stuff maybe it is rain x?--that comes in a bottle marked in gallons of water.It seems to work ok, but I wouldn't mind something better. It mainly makes the rain bead up. The Texas panhandle has spectacular summer thunderstorms-driving, blinding rain with spectacular thunder and lightening. . You wouldn't think such a dry area would have such violent storms. I like Texas, but it can have nasty weather in the summer.

Good timing-thanks for the heads up review!
    Charlie