Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Windshield Wiper problem on 2003 Trailblazer LT.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by p_e_black, May 22, 2006.

1. p_e_black

p_e_black New Member

I have a 2003 Trailblazer LT and I am having problems with the windshield wipers. Sometimes when it rains heavily my wipers will remain on even after I turn them off. They will not turn off unless I turn the key off or for a few minutes after the rain lets up. I saw a recall bulletin 04V046000 that described the symptons I am having but after calling 2 dealerships and Chevrolet I have been told that my VIN number does not match the vehicles covered.

I saw somehting on another site that the recall involves putting a plastic patch over a hole in the plastic windshield wiper housing because rain leaks in and gets the circuit board wet. Does anyone know anything about this? I will fix it myself if I can just find out where to put the patch. Any help would be appreciated.