1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Windshield Wiper Question

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Dustin2798, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Dustin2798

Dustin2798 New Member

I have a 2004 Silverado and I dislike the fact that you can not fold the windshield wiper arms out away from the windshield. Can you simply replace them with wiper arms from another year or make? If so which is the ideal replacement? Thank you
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

i don't see why you could not. My 2002 wiper arms folded out and stayed out yet my 2005 does not.
  3. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

That's weird. The wiper arms don't stay out when you pull them away from the windshield?

I have a 2001 Silverado and they stay out when I pull them away from the windshield. I would imagine a 2001 and a 2004 are similar enough that you could swap out the wiper arms.
  4. BRB46

BRB46 Member

My '06 doesn't fold out but i figured it was because I have the raised hood and I think they would hit the edge and damage paint. I don't see why you couldn't swap to one that folds out.
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I agree with the original poster, it is annoying, especially when cleaning the windshield or applying rainX
  6. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member

I can see where that would be a pain. Happy mine fold out.