Windshield Wiper Replacements

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Henchman, Aug 30, 2009.

Newest Photos

1. Henchman

Henchman New Member 100 Posts

So for all of us that have a new Silverado, we know that the windshield wipers taht come factory are high dollar. Now I was told that their aren't aftermarket replacements for them yet, well about a year ago anyways. Does this still hold true? Because from what I understand is that they cost $25 bucks for each side!
  2. daweinah

daweinah New Member 100 Posts

What!! I had no idea about this. I thought it was hella sweet when I saw the wiper fluid come out of the wiper arm but we have to get special blades for them too? Bah!
  3. Henchman

Henchman New Member 100 Posts

That's what I heard anyways. Now I have an 07 and I was told this when I first bought it. It's been two years so the aftermarket may have caught up with them. I know I went the other day to find a fog light bulb for my truck and I can't find one anywhere. I'm going to have to go to the dealership.
  4. daweinah

daweinah New Member 100 Posts

Are they the new "beam" wipers? I saw a setup at WalMart for em. They were $15-20 each.
  5. catbert

catbert New Member

I got a two for one sale at Autozone. A little less than $20, and they installed them.
  6. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 New Member 100 Posts

Yeah we do have special wipers but you can get them at any auto parts store. I can't remeber what part number it is that I bought but just take one off your truck and walk in and tell them at the counter this is what I need.
  7. 08bowtie

08bowtie New Member 100 Posts

that is just GREAT!!!!!!!:gasp:No one ever mentions this **** when you buy them......just sign on the dotted line, it's all good:lol::lol::lol:
  8. jeff618

jeff618 New Member

Has anyone put flat/frameless wiper blades on their 1999 Silverado? Do they fit? How do they perform? How do they look? I put trico neoform beam blades on my 2007 Mazda 3 and they work AWESOME but that is a much newer vehicle and the windshield is pretty curved. I'm looking for feedback on this older vehicle. Anyone?
  9. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The best i ever had and still use are RAIN X , bought them @ auto zone and i have them now since 1 year,,,,,,just like new still. I drive alot also !!!:great:
  10. jeff618

jeff618 New Member

I've gotten 50%/50% feedback on the rainx's - they seem to be a love/hate product - its cool they're working for you and I will look at them. I can't stand autozone's website so I'll have to keep my eyes open for a brick and mortar location. :neutral: