Winter Snow Offroad Thread

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by Megasaurus, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Megasaurus

Megasaurus Member 100 Posts

Who's done any offroad trail/snow driving this winter? Stories and pics please! We don't get much snow here in the big D, but I can usually drive 10 hours to the west to find all the snow I want, or just about 4 to 6 hours north and we can get snow up in the plains where it's not as much fun.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  2. 01.1500.ls

01.1500.ls New Member

i live in the midwest and we got a ****load of snow this year and i have a two wheel drive v8 so i had alot of fun in the snow. i put my truck through snow that i didnt think it could make it through but i didnt get stuck
  3. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 New Member 100 Posts 1000 Posts

♪♪ I'm going through the Big D and don't mean Dallas.... ♪♪

Sorry, that song was on the radio earlier and then once you mentioned it in your post, I couldn't resist.

Can't wait to see some snow 4x4 pics! I haven't had any snow this season so unfortunately I can't contribute.
  4. coyotewhisperer

coyotewhisperer New Member

5. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 New Member 100 Posts 1000 Posts

Very cool! I like the look of of red trucks with black aftermarket fender flares... especially when they're in the snow.

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

That looks like a great time!
  6. IPFK83

IPFK83 New Member 100 Posts

Very nice looks like you guys had blast!
  7. sgtsjj

sgtsjj New Member 100 Posts 1000 Posts

awesome...we have to much snow up here to play in fields anymore which sucks but that looks like a blast
  8. IAsilverado

IAsilverado New Member

It was tons of fun. especially with those tires I had on because I could basically drift everywhere. Now I have some Meaty tires on my truck and I can almost go anywhere.
  9. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 100 Posts 1000 Posts

This was my first winter with the mule, and I have yet to get out, my town got 21 inches in one storm but we havent had those cold days with the nasty wind yet to help clear out fields well and build some nice drifts, which sucks I have had a nasty itch to test these M/T Rovers in the snow!
  10. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 100 Posts 1000 Posts

thats why we have sleds!!!!
    I guess ill have to get some from the lake this weekend up by the canadian border! gonna try and drive to the fishing spot rather than unloading the sleds and towing all the stuff over the snow! gotta have a lead foot.
    Also as sgtsjj mentioned though we have 36in on the ground up here, and even a huge lift and tires will do you no good in the heavy goup we have up here!