1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Winter Storm!!!

Discussion in 'CT - Conneticut Chevy Truck Club' started by mr.copenhagen, Feb 15, 2007.

1. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts

Well that sucks!
    I spent pretty much half of November '05 laying new sewage pipe from the house to the cesspool (I don't have a tractor, and I'm too cheap to rent a backhoe):redface:. It was the old tar-paper pipe, and it had crumbled at a bend, and created a blockage.
    It sucked because half of the time, when I would dig down, I would scrape open the pipe. The stench was horrible. When the septic guy came around I asked him how he could tollerate the stink, after telling him my story. He said , "It smells like money to me!!"

Good for him. He can have it.:biggrin:
  2. NHSilverado

NHSilverado Former Member

The guy that pumps my Brother's septic is the same guy that does most of the porta-potties at our job sites. The guy actually will stand there pumping a tank or a house and eating his lunch! Man it is enough to make me puke watching him.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

... hey, I'm eating breakfast here!

I once saw a guy eating his lunch while on the john once. He had the stall open and I walked past. I was hysterically laughing for an hour or two.
  4. 84fiero123

84fiero123 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Well after trying for hours yesterday with a hand snake I gave up and rented a power snake.

Wouldn’t you know the line from the house to the tank was frozen solid, so I hooked a garden hose to the hot water for our washer.

Pushed it up from the inlet of the septic tank to the clog, blasting it with hot water.

It worked great, until I got about 2‘ from the house,
    The hose came out of the ground spraying hot water all over the house.

Yes the hose come threw the pipe and the ground.

Now tomorrow I have to try and thaw out the ground and dig up the pipe.

Fun, Fun, Fun.
  5. 84fiero123

84fiero123 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

**** happens

Well after trying for hours yesterday with a hand snake I gave up and rented a power snake.

Wouldn’t you know the line from the house to the tank was frozen solid, so I hooked a garden hose to the hot water for our washer.

Pushed it up from the inlet of the septic tank to the clog, blasting it with hot water.

It worked great, until I got about 2‘ from the house,
    The hose came out of the ground spraying hot water all over the house.

Yes the hose come threw the pipe and the ground.

Now tomorrow I have to try and thaw out the ground and dig up the pipe.

Fun, Fun, Fun.
  6. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts

Good luck, and remember to not over-do it. Take breaks, and keep warm.