Winter Tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by getawaycars, Oct 17, 2009.

1. getawaycars

getawaycars New Member

Any ideas for good (not too expensive) winter tires for a 97 Suburban K1500 4x4 that is only driven on road?

2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Whats your ballpark price? If you have a discount tire near you the pathfinder series is good, also the Trail Mark series, they are both made by Goodyear. The pathfinder has a tread very similiar to the BFG All terrian and the Trail Mark has been redidigned and very close to the Dueler Revos. My sister got the the newer Trail Mark design on her Blazer and likes them alot, I had the old Trail Mark on my suburban and was very good tire in all conditions MN could throw at it.

3. getawaycars

getawaycars New Member

I'm looking to spend about $500-600 for a set (not including shipping(if bought on-line), mounting and balancing).

4. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I use MasterCraft MSR with studs on my plow truck. They are excellent in the snow. Reasonable price.

5. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Studs are limited by state laws so check PA first, the Trail Marks or Pathfinders should run you $150-175 a tire, its just not easy to find good tires under 125 anymore (especially the size you would need), otherwise start hunting craigslist

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009