1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Winter weather this weekend in North Texas? Sleet, Snow, Ice? I love it

Discussion in 'TX - North Texas Chevy Truck Club' started by ChevyFan, Nov 22, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

It's still November, so snow, ice and sleet will be fun for a week or two I think. :) Looks like we're in for a bit of a cold snap ... but they keep changing the forecast quite a bit. Looks warmer than it had been listed just 24 hours ago.

10 Day Weather Forecast.png
  2. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 100 Posts

must be nice, its 27 here in northern Oklahoma, windchil of 18 with the moderate Oklahoma breeze of 30 mph, and a band of freezing rain and sleet crossing I 35 at this time heading west, the snow dropping in on Monday, I think it will be above freezing by next Tuesday by at least a few degrees.
  3. BRB46

BRB46 Rockstar Gold Member 100 Posts

Forecast to be only in the 20's here on Sunday.
  4. ChevyFan

OK City is usually about 5 degrees colder than DFW for most of the year, including the winter. Doesn't surprise me at all that you're colder up there. I'd love a nice cold snap actually, supposed to be a cold winter this year.

:neutral:
  5. summitwhite11

Those in the north get that deep freezer kind of cold, burrrrrrr.
  6. ChevyFan

They dropped it again. Supposed to get hit hard tonight. Hit some cracking fire logs and enjoying that while reading to the kiddos. Tomorrow should be fun. I'm supposed to be in dallas on Monday afternoon for a 3 pm meeting, so we'll see how crazy it gets.
  7. ChevyFan

Round two this next week.
  8. summitwhite11

I hear that, it gets cold with snow/ice starting wednesday night around here. below freezing for the highs thru the weekend so they say, burrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
  9. ChevyFan

It's been just over freezing here. Just enough to melt 90% of the ice. However the overpasses are another story. They started to melt ... Now they're freezing again. Traffic is just about as bad right now over the region as I've ever seen anywhere in the us.