Winter :=)

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Johnny_Buchanan, Nov 22, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Johnny_Buchanan

Johnny_Buchanan New Member 100 Posts

Since last Thursday southern Finland has been covered in some snow and just a little bit of ice. Temperature is slightly below zero Celsius so it seems that ground and small roads will stay white for awhile.

So, I've been out and about with Red Dust trying to figure out how we get along in these conditions. So far it has been a hoot! Obviously the size and the very slow steering do seriously limit what can and should be expected in terms of slip angles and speed but there is some serious primal joy to the extracted from this combination! :=)

Granted, additional weight and winter tyres are needed in the coming weeks and prior serious real life usage, but for now simple fun pottering is on the menu :=)

-J
  2. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Ha Ha sounds like you're having fun Johnny. I have a friend in Russia, & he sent photos of Moscow snow yesterday, but I have none yet, so I guess I have to let you guys have all the fun :-(
  3. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Over the last 3 days we have had 25 centimeters of snow fall.As i type this at 6:00 am cst its -25 celcius with the wind chill,so i guess you could say winters here.
  4. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

We have been in the same shape now for a little while, and they are calling for another 2-4in today!!! cant wait to get the sleds out and let um rip!
  5. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

In Denver, we still haven't had any real snowfall yet...not even enough to shovel. I am soooo looking forward to seeing a good foot or two on the ground sometime soon. Glad to hear many others are seeing the signs of Winter.
  6. MPC-Silverado

MPC-Silverado New Member 100 Posts

we have snow in the forcast on wed. here in wi
  7. ThatSilverStepside

ThatSilverStepside New Member 100 Posts

you people are so lucky..it hasnt snowed here at all it still gets into the 50s mid-day and its driving me insane
  8. MPC-Silverado

MPC-Silverado New Member 100 Posts

yeah im kinda excited for it... it means its time for me to make money
  9. NorthportTroller

NorthportTroller New Member

Balmy 65* here today. :glasses:
  10. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

IM A watching the flakes fall on my monitors as we speak WOOOHOOO!!! i bought a snow blower yesterday (i cant handle a shovel for more than a few toss's thanks to my back) and i wanna give it a whirl! Also the sleds are still sitting in storage because i dont always have time to tear them apart and get them running so i can take it on a rip accross the field!