Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Wiper Arms Loose - Installation tips?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by wl_walker, Jul 23, 2010.

1. wl_walker

wl_walker Rockstar

I removed the wiper arms from my '96 Yukon (re-painted them) and when I pushed them back on the spindles they are quite loose! This is the type without a nut to tighten, and I am at a loss as to how to get them tight again. Can anyone help me out here? They were very snug before I removed them.

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

The wiper arms have splines in them. Sounds like if they were hard to get off maybe there was some corrosion in them and when you removed them the corrosive part just turns to like dust. Looks like time to replace the arms.

3. wl_walker

wl_walker Rockstar

They actuall came off very clean. The splines look great as does the inside of the arms. I was hoping that there is something I'm not thinking of to get them tight again. I really wish GM stayed with the bolt-on style!