1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Wiper Blades (Rain-X vs Michelin)

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by jet89, Dec 18, 2009.

1. jet89

jet89 Member

Seeing if anyone has a preference of one over the other. I friend of mine has the Michelin wipers and says he really likes them, however i have heard really good reviews about the rain-x brand.

I am assuming you basically cant go wrong with either. But just wondering if one is favored over the other.

2. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I never had the michelin,,but i am using RainX and i am very happy with them.
    On the truck since almost a year and still like new !!!!!

Clear ,streak free windshield .:great::glasses:

3. Chevyboy96

Chevyboy96 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I bought a pair of Michelins and hated them, skipped on the windshield:no:. Very noisey. Haven't tried Rain-X brand.:neutral:. I always use Anco:great:

4. detailjohn

detailjohn Rockstar 100 Posts

I've used RainX and Triple Edge both good and even used bosch ....

5. eyegore

eyegore Rockstar 100 Posts

Been using the Michelin's for some time but recently tried a pair of the Rain X. With out a doubt, the Rain X are much better, IMO.

6. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Never tried Michelin, but the rain-x I used to sell at the Jiffy Lube I worked at were pretty sweet. 1 pair lasted me almost a year.

7. Mang213

Mang213 New Member

rain-x ftw

8. [Cerberus]

[Cerberus] New Member

I have the bosch Icons on my car and truck and love them a lot. I will say there is something inherently wrong with the design of the Chevy glass though, because certain spots always seem to miss or streak.

I have had a set on my car for about 2 years (well two full summers) and a tick over a year since i got them on the truck.

9. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Bosch are my favorite by far, but they cost just about as much as the one's you get from the Chevy dealer. I recently bought a pair of the Rain-X silicone style one's, but I haven't put them on my truck yet. Will let you know when I put them on, but I paid $27 for those Rain-X wipers do I hope there worth it. :neutral:

10. [Cerberus]

[Cerberus] New Member

The Bosch Icons are very similar to the Rain X Lattitudes and worth every penny. I don't know what blades you would get at the dealer, but these are by far better.

Bosch
    [​IMG]

Rain-X
    [​IMG]