Wiper Blades

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by feb, Nov 14, 2011.

1. feb

feb Rockstar

I have a 2011 Silverado. Are wiper blades only available at the dealer? I looked at mine and they look different than other blades. Not sure how to change them. I looked at Walmart, but the wiper blades on the chart don't look like the ones on my truck. Thanks in advance.

2. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla Rockstar 100 Posts

I did have to buy my 07 at the dealership, they were like $35 but I will say they have held up well. I have heard that there is an adapter out there but by the time you buy it and the aftermarket wipers the cost could be nearly the same. But if you don't have a dealer nearby that could also cause problems. I know some sites like Rock auto and Auto anything advertise wipers but I never looked into whether or not these were OEM or not...

3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Ironically wiper blades are the only thing I buy at the dealer, there is a major difference I think in fit and quality. They are not fun to get off, because they are so long that you can't get them turned enough without hitting the windshield. It takes a lot of finagling

4. feb

feb Rockstar

I went to the dealership today and WOW. They were 20 bucks a piece - $40.00 for the pair. But like the parts man said, you won't find any in town except at the dealership. They seem simple enough to install, just squeeze the tabs and pull out. I will get them with my next check.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011