Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

wiper motor wiggin out

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by 03 Black Sunshine, May 1, 2010.

1. 03 Black Sunshine

03 Black Sunshine Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey everybody, my wiper motor is freakin out on me. the first problem is that sometimes the driver wiper sticks and wont go down and then sometimes it goes ALL the way to the left and gets hung up and wont go back at all. I have to get out and physically push it off the side of the windshield and push it back to its posistion. It is almost like it gets out of time or something.

Anybody have any ideas??

Tim

2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

GM has had a history of trouble with wiper motors on the trucks. There was a wiper motor recall for years 1994, 1995 and 1996. The recall was issued in 1998.

Date: 09/01/1998
    Component Name: 136200 VISIBILITY:WINDSHIELD WIPER/WASHER:MOTOR
    NHTSA #: 98043
    SUMMARY: PRODUCT RECALL CAMPAIGN INVOLVING WINDSHIELD WIPER MOTOR

I would report the failure to the NHTSA to add to their database.

Either way you should replace the wiper motor. Save the receipts since it may be part of a later recall.

3. 03 Black Sunshine

03 Black Sunshine Rockstar 100 Posts

I reported it.:great:

Are the wiper motors very expenxive or time intensive to replace??