Wiper problems

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by BradyQ, Apr 8, 2005.

1. BradyQ

BradyQ New Member

Can you tell that I've got a fixer-upper?

My 1997 Tahoe very likely has a bad pulse wiper relay.

My local dealer wants 135 for parts and labor, and the piece costs like $25 at the Autozone right now.

Is this easy to tackle? Is tehre anyone that might be able to help me with this one?

This was a known issue to GM, but they have closed this out and are not covering any more repairs for this issue because it was so long ago. :-(

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I'm not sure that I' know exactly where it is, but if it's just a relay, then it can't be THAT hard to replace. I'd give it a shot, and if it doesn't work then you can maybe them them install your part for you, or sell it on eBay or something.

3. ARNIE

ARNIE Rockstar

Do it yourself, takes like a T15 or T20 Torx screwdriver to take off the cover. The board just pulls right out with a little wiggling. Takes like 5 minutes to do. Go with the parts store unit, it's no different than the GM unit. It is under the hood on the wiper motor, center of the back firewall. What happens is the solder joints fail. You can actually look at the joints and find the one that is broken and reapair it usually.

4. kamikos

kamikos Rockstar

Agreed, this is a cake job.