1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wipers have a mind of their own

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Tuner, Nov 9, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Tuner

Tuner New Member

i have my 93 suburban and my wipers work when they want and for how long they want, damn union workers, lol, but on a serious note, anyone know where the relay box is thats after the fuze box, but before the wiper motor, cause thats the only thing i can think is maybe wrong with it, but if you have any ideas, im up for suggestions on what you think might be wrong to.
  2. 04Z71dude

04Z71dude New Member

There was a issue with the switch on seveal GM products back in the late 80s and early 90s. I had the same problem several years ago on another vehicle.
  3. nitrozamboni

nitrozamboni New Member

circuit board

I had the same problem with my '93 Sub. There's a replaceable control (circuit board?) on the front side of the wiper motor. A contact wears out on the factory one. Can't remember what I paid for it but think i got it online. Just google "intermittant wiper repair" or something like that and you should find them listed.Takes about ten minutes to replace and now mine work like new. Good luck.
  4. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

i just replaced the entire wiper motor, got the part at oreillys for 53 and then returned the old one for 13 core exchange
  5. dfhollums

dfhollums New Member

same problem

My wife informed me the other day that the wipers on her '99 Suburban are doing the same thing. I reckon a replacement wiper motor is in order also.
  6. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

the body style from 88-99 for those trucks and SUVs are pretty common for having the wiper problem. It can be fixed by soldering a wire insde that breaks loose but i think its just easier to get the new motor
  7. nitrozamboni

nitrozamboni New Member

OK, but its cheaper and a lot easier to just replace the circuit board! No soldering needed.:tuxout:
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  8. Tuner

Tuner New Member

im gonna have to try that cause im catching alot of hell from my superiors for my wipers and they almost didnt let me pass my vehicle inspection. thanks for all the advice.
  9. Tuner

Tuner New Member

10. bluestreak94

bluestreak94 New Member

I had the same problem on my 1994 Suburban, it got to be a running gag within the family, I had a cousin try talking to the truck to get it to stop!!! :) On occasion it would scare the pants off the person in the passenger seat it was good for a laugh!!