Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Wipers

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by adidasboy918, Dec 15, 2008.

1. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Okay quick question.. What blades everyone recommends. I need to change mine out. one got a lil tare in it. :grrrrrr:

2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

do not buy rain-x ones. I got them once and they started to suck after a month. I have had bosch ones for a while and have had good luck and performance from them

3. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

two guys i work with have the new bosch icons, they loved them at first, but after a few weeks, they SUCK somethin awful. they streak snd smear, and all sorts of crap... thats bosch for ya. i use the regular napa blades, got thm about the same time they got their bosches and mine still work like new.

4. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

ok thanks guys. i have 1 for and 1 against bosh. need more help here plz. sadly its raining right now and i kinda need more wanting to just get this over before it gets to bad.

5. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have tried the Michelin frameless-type blades. They worked well, and lasted 6 months. I tried a set of Anco's and they were awful. They squeaked and bounced across the windshield. Right now I have a set of Triple Edge. They started off great, but have started to squeak and smear. So, long story short, the best one's I've used so far on my truck were the Michelin's, but they are about $15 a piece!

6. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I've used the new Rain-X multi-blade (or something like that) on my car and they have been fine for about a year now. Rain, snow, sleet, splash back, etc.

7. andz74

andz74 Member

the rian x wipers sucks cuz they smeer

8. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have tripple edge and have no complaints:great:

9. zippy

zippy Rockstar 100 Posts

Plain Jane Bosch blades. They seem to survive the SoCal summers better than most. Right now, we're having our first big rains in ages and they're runing clear and streak free.

10. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have no specific brand recommendations - Just one very strong suggestion:

Get a reflex-type curved blade. The curve of them helps them stay pressed against the windshield. They also have a lower profile design than standard blades with frames, so wind doesn't catch them and they can't rust or seize. I went from a reflex blade to some nice double-blade frame wipers - BAD CHOICE!!! They're fine if you go slow, but at highway speeds, the wind catches conventional frames and lifts them.

THERE IS ONE CLEAR CHOICE: ANY TYPE OF FRAMELESS REFLEX-CURVE WIPER!