1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

wipers

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by billlp, Dec 28, 2008.

1. billlp

billlp New Member

Hi I have a 99 3/4 ton sub that has a problum with it's wipers. When I use the intermittent feature of the wipers the stroke gets interrupted and stops,sometimes for quite a while then it finishes the stroke. The longer I use them the better they get. Any ideas what to replace.
    Thanks
    Bill
  2. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts

My guess is the wiper control module.
  3. JMoney02

JMoney02 New Member

Yes, printed circuit is wearing out......As it warms it functions better, replace like Springthing stated.

Jeff
  4. billlp

billlp New Member

Thank you
    Bill
  5. billlp

billlp New Member

Thank you
    Bill
  6. jim1958

jim1958 New Member

I agree with control module, however I haven`t seen it be the printed circuit board. I`ve seen it be the two metal contact tangs and the ball wears off the ends of them. Thus no electrical current because no contact. Take the screws out , pull off and bend the tangs out a bit and a little die-electric grease put it back together and see if you didn`t save yourself $100.00
  7. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

That old could also be the actual blinker switch going, all that time and twisting the arm for the wipers on and off
  8. mrfixdit

mrfixdit New Member

check for any recalls on this I had one on my 97 Silverado they took care of it no cost.
  9. billlp

billlp New Member

Thanks for the info it worked great at least for now. That little ball is verry flat at this point. On my burb the tangs are part of the circuit board. I will just see how much longer it will work It's allways good to save money.
  10. jtwh20

jtwh20 New Member

Is the control module under the hood, or in the steering column?