1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

wipers

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by coldsteel1993, Mar 10, 2011.

1. coldsteel1993

coldsteel1993 Rockstar

Okay I have a problem and not sure where to post this at. My wipers from time to time will start working strange. they go from working right to not. they will work the way they are suppose to on intermitten then they just start running at full speed. then when they stop they stop at different spots on the windshield. when they are doing this the washer fluid stops working too. I have checked connections and they seem okay. and there are no leaks.:grrrrrr:
  2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

This sounds like the "intermittant" portion of your switch is bad (worn out) sometimes making contact & sometimes not. I don't know of any way to improve the contacts, you will probably just have to replace it unless someone has any other ideas. If it was dirty rather than worn, they spraying it with electrical cleaner might help it. Mine does this maybe 1 time out of 20 & I reset the switch one of two clicks & then it's good till the next time. Mine is worn & loose (130K miles) cleaning didn't help it.
  3. coldsteel1993

coldsteel1993 Rockstar

for fear of sounding stupid where is the switch. and I really appreciate all the input people.
  4. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'd vote for a bad circuit board in the wiper module. It's very common the late '90's OBS trucks. GM apparently used a cheap solder to make the circuit board connections, so that the solder cracks and you get bad connections. For those who are good with solder, you can open the circuit board up, locate and repair the cracked solder, and be done with very little expense.

I thought someone here had posted their experience with one of these circuit board repairs, but I don't remember where it is.
  5. coldsteel1993

coldsteel1993 Rockstar

can someone let me know where it is located? please