Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

wireless backup camera's or sensors? Any have reccomends?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Falcone, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Falcone

Falcone Rockstar 100 Posts

Title says it all really, got a 2010 EXT bac sierra and wanna see those damn hatchbacks behind me when I back up.

2. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I don't know if you're on a budget, but the backup sensors will certainly be cheaper than a backup camera. Do you have the stock GM radio head unit, the GM navigation unit, or an after-market head unit?

As far as opinion alone goes, I like the backup cameras. I've used both and I feel a bit more certain about what is around me when I'm using the backup camera versus the sensors. Personally, I don't have either one. I tend to do just fine checking my side mirrors, rear view mirror, and and looking back through the side and back windows.

3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

x2 on the camera; and if you do have an a/v receiver unit (like Vincennes asks), a camera will more than likely be able to use that screen versus you having to get a separate monitor. I have a kenwood head unit w/the kenwood camera and it works pretty good. It has an excellent field of view, color, and works with very low lighting. They also have camera/monitor set ups that tie into a video screen that appears in your review mirrow while in reverse....some models are basically OE compatible, meaning you will still keep your onstar and other OE mirror functions.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  4. Sam_A

Sam_A Rockstar 100 Posts

x3 on the camera. I had bought a $98 backup camera from Wal-Mart and used it in my 04 Z71. Worked pretty good and hooking up to a trailer by myself was as easy as it could get. If you do any towing, the camera would pay off with convenience the first time you hook up.