1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wireless OBDII diagnostics to Android and Windows

Discussion in 'Programmers & Tuning' started by PantheraUncia, Feb 22, 2013.

1. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I have a traditional OBD I and OBDII handheld scan tool for basic troubleshooting but being a techie I want my laptop or phone to record and PID's, codes, errors, so I can log them into a file excel can open.

I have tried a couple that sadly only work on Apple devices or Windows, but not on Android (I have my phone with me all the time).

Even my DiabloSport Intune will read OBDII Pids for diagnostics, but the minute you connect it to a laptop and want to log for more than 5 minutes the Intune will disconnect from the laptop and you have to sync it again and start a new log file.

This apparently is something DiabloSport has a very low priority on fixing. Why have a perfect product right?

Finally I have one that looks like it will work and it will be nice once I get it setup.

More information to follow.
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

There are tons of Bluetooth toggles for this exact thing you are asking. All are made primarily for android and the torque app. Also they are very inexpensive.
  3. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Yeah I am using Torque on Android and looking at Scan XL Pro with the GM Enhancements in Windows, I have seen allot of the $20 OBD II/ Blue Tooth adapters and heard the success rate is 50/50 with them.

I went ahead and went with the Scantool MX. I am also concerned with the PID's/Second also so I can get as close to real time as possible, the more pids per second, the more refined the data logging will be.
  4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Sounds like a plan. I may try out on of the cheap ones just to see how it works and such. Then eventually get a good one.
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Thread moved to programmers & tuning forum.