Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Wires, wires, wires....and more wires.

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by J.mesenbrink, Oct 19, 2009.

1. J.mesenbrink

J.mesenbrink New Member

Alright, this is my first thread so bear with me. I started out with my 1974 chevy 1/2 ton 4wd that had electrical issues and a bent frame etc.. Then bought an 86 3/4 ton stepside 4wd that had the electrical stripped out of it. COMPLETELY. Bought the truck for $200.00, which was a great price.

My main question is have any of you heard or run a HONDA fuse box. (1 hot wire, 50+ wires coming off of it) I heard of this idea from a friend who said he's done it a few times, with two rigs he still runs. If you've heard of it done, or done it yourself please let me know on the easiest way to do it. Please know that the only wiring harness left on the truck is the one that goes to the headlights and blinkers etc.

Also, if you have a link that may provide the ENTIRE wiring harness(s) kit for this year of pickup it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Since all the wires are missing you can use any kind of a fuse box you want. I would opt for a GM power box from a GM late model truck. You could then follow the GM wiring using GM relays which would reside in the box.

Here's some manuals to check out:

Click Here

3. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Wiring harness for 1975 - 1986 Chevrolet Truck

I think you are asking about the 86 Truck and not the 74 so check this out:

From: Ebay (Summitracing offers a kit too: http://www.summitracing.org/parts/PRF-10205/)

[SIZE=+1]1975-1986 Chevy C10 MAIN WIRE WIRING HARNESS fuse block[/SIZE]

STOCK CLEARANCE SPECIAL!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a listing for a COMPLETE Main Modern Wire Harness for any Chevy Truck or Van between 1975 and 1986.

Keep It Clean Wiring Systems use only the highest quality wire and parts resulting in the ultimate wiring kit.
    Part No. [​IMG] KICKZD_21628 Factory Link [​IMG] 1975-1986 Chevrolet C10 Main Wire Harness - Official Website Rating [​IMG] 4.5 / 5 ATW Price [​IMG] [SIZE=+1]$249.00[/SIZE] MSRP [​IMG] $455.00
    [​IMG]