1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

wiring diagram help

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by ron hess, Feb 13, 2011.

1. ron hess

ron hess New Member

My son has a 1996 gmc sierra 1500 v-8 with only 69,000 miles on it. We recently had a new fuel pump put on by a local mechanic. Now the turn signals are acting funny, somrtimes they flash o.k. and at other times they flash fast. When i put the headlights on both right and left flash fast. I took it back to the mechanic and he found two wires that were broke off a black and a white, he said they were ground wires. He reconnected them to the bumper somewhere and the turn signals seemed to work o.k. When i got home the troubles started all over again. Yesterday i spent 8 hours searching the web for wiring diagrams for this truck to find out the color code for those wires and where they go needless to say i came up empty then i came across this site i hope someone in this country can help me.

ron hess
  2. MrShorty

MrShorty Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Autozone's website has an electronic version of Chilton's DIY manuals (access is free but they make you register with their site) which has wiring diagrams in them. You might see if that will help.
  3. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the GM truck club Ron.
    X2 on Shortys advice. If you can't find what you need there, then go to your library (refrence section) & photo copy the "complete" wiring diagram out of their auto repair manuals.