1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

wiring harness for aftermarket deck..?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Block8head, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Block8head

Block8head Member

Hello eveyone..
    i'm planning to replace my factory deck with an after market deck, can someone tell me which wire harness do i need?..
    my truck is 2010 silverado crew cab LT Z71-4x4 with onstar XM radio and mp3 player with aux jack, i just want to get the right harness... :)

TIA..

Ben
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

wiring harness for aftermarket deck?

Try Crutchfield.com
  3. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would go into a car audio store and ask them for the harness. Most head units have pretty generic ouputs , you just have to make sure you have the right connector to work with all of your factory options and the plug itself and then wrap the wires together, solder them, and tape off the connection. Hope this helps!
  4. Block8head

Block8head Member

i seen 2 different one on ebay
    1 doesn't work with onstar and the other work with onstar and premium factory radio...
    i'm not sure if that's what i need...
  5. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Ditto......

If your not sure what you need got to a local car audio shop and buy the harness. You didnt mention what aftermarket deck you have so its impossible to say what harness you need.
  6. Mikvot

Mikvot New Member

The aftermarket deck doesn't determine what harness you need. Do you have Onstar, and do you plan on keeping a subscription to it? Does the truck have Bose?
  7. identityPRS

identityPRS Rockstar 100 Posts

8. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It could depending on his XM intergration..he may need an additional (an d most likely will) XM radio adapter and or XM brain.
  9. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

This is a little off-topic, but is the same true for HD radio? Mine is HD radio ready but I am not sure what steps to take to get it done. And no, I will not go get it done by some one else