1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wiring info needed

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by Quad racer#212, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Quad racer#212

Quad racer#212 Rockstar

Ok I’m swapping a first gen small block into my 1999 s10 ls. This truck came as a 2.2 and automatic transmission. I’m in need of some help with the wiring. I want to remove the ecm and efi harness. I still need the truck to start from the key and the headlights/taillights work on the truck.

I added a photo of a plug in the harness that i need help with.
    This plug hook's in to the ecm/efi harness what all does it work in the truck? This harness also runs back to the relay center under the hood on the ecm side.

All help is welcome thanks.

IMAG0665.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  2. dpeter

dpeter Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Not to clear about what you are trying to do. Do you want to remove all traces of the original EFI and ECM wiring? Have you already swaped the motor and it now works without the computer? Is the first gen a carburated motor?
  3. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Looking in the haynes or chilton manual at the wiring diagrams should give you an idea as to what is what in that harness. It won't straight-up give you the pinouts from that connector, but the colors of wires going to the ecm should be unique for each wire. So, look at different devices you know you don't have or need, and look at the wire color indicated in the diagram, and see if that color wire's in there. If so, it's probably pretty safe to pull.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  4. Quad racer#212

Quad racer#212 Rockstar

[MENTION=39755]dpeter[/MENTION] Yes i will be using a carburetor. Yes the motor is in the truck. Yes i want to remove all traces of the original EFI and ECM wiring. i still need the headlights and tail lights to work and the truck to start using the ignition switch.
  5. dpeter

dpeter Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Crawdaddy has given the best advice I can think of. You have a tedious job ahead of you and best of luck with it.
  6. Quad racer#212

Quad racer#212 Rockstar

I have changed my mind on sticking a carbureted small block in my truck. I came up with a lq9 6.0 for the low low turbo time