1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wis. Man Says Truck Headed for Milestone

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by 84fiero123, Feb 1, 2008.

1. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Feb 1, 5:08 AM (ET)

p {margin:12px 0px 0px 0px;}
    MEDFORD, Wis. (AP) - Frank Oresnik is on the verge of making history driving his old standby - the pickup truck he says is about to pass the 1 million mile mark.
    Oresnik took the 1991 Chevrolet Silverado to the Oil Ex-Change Quick Lube in Medford on Thursday for what he expects will be its last oil change and tuneup before hitting the magic number.
    He said the truck is 1,200 miles from a million, and once he hits the mark he will retire the vehicle.
    "I feel almost like the longtime NFL player as he goes into his last training camp knowing this is the end," Oresnik said.
    He credits proper maintenance and a good measure of luck for allowing the truck to rack up so many miles. He said he's had more than 300 oil changes and tuneups at the Medford business, going in every 3,000 miles.
    The truck has had four radiators, three gas tanks, five transmissions and six water pumps, but the engine has never been overhauled, Oresnik said.
    He bought the Silverado in June 1996 after the original owner put 41,000 miles on it. Oresnik uses the vehicle to deliver seafood in three states, putting on about 85,000 miles a year.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20080201/D8UHF0M00.html

I thought i put a lot off miles on my trucks.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

The engine has NEVER been overhauled, but he's been through five trannies. Wow. That's impressive, and a good way to get some free PR for his business. ;-) Smart. You should offer to make him a free air-bumper for it and get some PR for yourself. haha

Seriously though, that's great news for GM and just goes to show what regular maintenance can do for the life of your vehicle.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I read another article on this and it said that GM and Shell wanted to look at the engine.
  4. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Well four radiators in one million miles works out to,
    One every 250,000 miles.
    Three gas tanks in one million miles works out to,
    One every 333,333 miles.
    Five tranys in one million miles works out to,
    One every 200,000 miles.
    Six water pumps in one million miles works out to,
    One every 166,666 miles.

Now who says our American trucks aren’t dependable?
  5. MD4x4 Fireman

MD4x4 Fireman Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

thats crazy. but like others said it shows that with good maintenance you can keep a truck running forever