1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wisconsinite 94 chevy, totally got ripped off, new to trucks need help!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by DeathByNissan55, Aug 24, 2012.

1. DeathByNissan55

DeathByNissan55 New Member

Hey GMTC, I have a 1994 Chevy K1500 1/2 ton factory 5spd manny 4x4 ext cab short bed. It has a 3" chassis lift in front and 4" chassis lift in back. Has Rancho 5000 in front (probably garbage) and stock in rear. Has detroit air lockers too that apparently work. Has a tbi 350ci from a 1991 chevy caprice apparently.
    I got SUPPPPPER ripped off because this guy basically told me it has an oil leak and needed brake lines but everything else worked....and it did, for the first WEEK. So in short, engine is prolly garbage, (And there was mention of a PROM somewhere on a chevy website, but I dont know anything about any PROM's on the truck so idk if it needs to be swapped or not). Now that i have everything running, the engine started surging, the tach needle is going all over the place, and the shift up light is blinking randomly.

Please help me out, especially because I dont know a lot about trucks or domestic market at all. Ive been into Nissans the past 10 years so dont hate but help
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  2. donyms

donyms Active Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you with us. :glasses:
  3. Gpana

Gpana New Member

Welcome to the club :sign0016:
  4. moogvo

moogvo Moderator 1000 Posts

If the truck originally came with a 350, the computer should be just fine as it is. As for the problems, a great place to start is a shop manual... not the kind you get at the auto parts store... a GM factory shop manual. They can be had on ebay pretty cheap. Sounds like a wiring issue.

EDIT: I was able to find a PDF copy of the service manuals from 88-99. Cost me 12 bux. Do a google search for "1994 c/k service manual PDF" and you will get several links to YouTube. That's where I found it.

Now I can keep it on my iPad instead of on the shelf and print pages as needed... MUCH better than the 10 pounds of paper I have for my express van!
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  5. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C!
  6. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to GM Truck Club! I hope you find the help and answers you need, here.