Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wish I had the funds... Husky President Lands Rare Camaro

Discussion in 'Chevy Camaro Forum' started by Enkeiavalanche, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

[​IMG]
    Bob Tyler, president of Husky Liners, was selected as one of just 69 people worldwide to receive a 2012 COPO Camaro, with plans to compete in the Stock Eliminator Class CC/SA.
    Winfield Consumer Products’ Husky Liners has teamed up with family-owned Patterson Racing Inc. to race the machine, being billed as the quickest Camaro ever produced.
    “It was quite an honor to be one of the people picked by GM out of thousands that had expressed an interest in obtaining one of these cars,” said Tyler. “I believe we were picked to receive the car due to our commitment to team up with Patterson Racing and race the car at NHRA national events.”
    First introduced in 1969, The Central Office Production Order (COPO) Camaro was designed to satisfy the needs of Chevrolet dealers looking for high-performance models of the standard Camaro, according to a press release.
    The new Husky Liners COPO Camaro was first tested Aug. 19 at Heartland Park in Topeka, Kan., with a time of 9.78 seconds. It was also scheduled to appear at the U.S. Nationals in Indianapolis.
    “After Indy, we will be removing the complete driveline and replacing it with a complete Patterson Racing NHRA spec’d 427 EFI engine, a 350 turbo A-1 transmission and converter, and aftermarket ECU to obtain maximum output per NHRA rules,” said Allan Patterson.
    The COPO with its new engine will debut at the NHRA Fall Nationals in Dallas and appear in the Husky Liners SEMA booth following the October NHRA Las Vegas meet.
  2. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I saw an article on this car and while it might be a really special camaro, visually, with the huge tires, its over sized hood, etc I would not be caught dead in on. (To me the car looks like a pig) relative to the size and stance a normal "SS" or ZL1, etc. has.