1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Witch cold air intake to go with?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by My98Suburban, Dec 18, 2011.

1. My98Suburban

My98Suburban Member

Im looking to install a CAI on my 98 suburban...witch brand are you using?...Is K&N one of the better choices?...Also what Exhaust,Im leaning toward flomaster...I have that on my mustang and our camaros...Love the sound do they make a kit for the truck?...thanks...
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  2. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Lots of people here run K&N CAI's, but with the number of kits available, it usually comes down to personal preference. I'm running a Volant CAI in my truck, and couldn't be happier. The only real reason I went Volant was because most of the people I knew had K&N, and I had to be onry and get something different:lol:! As far as exhaust, Flowmaster 40 series are popular, and they have many options for SUV's and trucks. Good luck with you mods, and keep us up on how things are goin!:sign0011:
  3. My98Suburban

My98Suburban Member

Thanks im going to go with a custom exhaust i use a shop that does all my exhaust i was doing research and I think for what i want it will be easier to get him to do it,,As far an CAI's i guess its better then stock no...lol...I will keep you posted on what i get done..I'll post sound clips too...I love doing that...:lol:
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I have a K&N on my '96 'Burb since '98 with no problems, but if I bought a CAI for it today I think I would go with a AFE.
  5. My98Suburban

My98Suburban Member

Thanks for the Advice why AFE?...I had one of there cold air intakes before on another i had i liked it...I Have had K&N's Also..and liked them..lol...
  6. NagRuTan

NagRuTan Rockstar

Greets,

K&N cai and 3" cat back duals with flowmaster 44's for the win :) I run em both on the 99 k2500 and love the sound from both ends :p

Nag.
  7. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have a GREEN CAI on my 05' Silverado, It is used with my factory intake tube and works in conjunction with my ram air hood. I had a K&N FIPK on my last truck and hated it, metal tube got hot as hell and also caused truck to back fire.
  8. smc4eight

smc4eight New Member

I have the Spectre Speed Series CAI on my truck and I'm really happy with it. I also installed an Airaid Poweraid T-Body spacer which helped a lot on throttle response and fuel mileage.
  9. janikphoto

janikphoto Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I put on the K&N and have been happy with it so far.
  10. Naptime

Naptime Rockstar 100 Posts

I was looking into a K&N, then it was pointed out to me there was already a CAI installed by the factory.