With play come's repair... share your story!!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by DannyT08, Jan 19, 2012.

1. DannyT08

DannyT08 Member

Well just a little story for yall. It got warm and thawed the ground out a couple of days ago and decided to rain, i like to party and get rowdy with the friends! So anyhow it was bout 1:30 am and decided to hit the mud whole ... well long story short i busted driver side tierod end, busted brake line, and gona have to replace ball joints. Yea it sucks but on the other hand i had a blast and have no regrets. I play hard but i also take care of things when it goes down. I figured i would share that with yall... share yalls stories if yall got any

2. donl

donl Rockstar 100 Posts

It's been proven countless times that alcohol does bring the IQ down to room temperature.

3. JnBama

JnBama Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I didn't have a 4x4 four back then , but in the late seventies and early eighties there was a 4x4 for craze . One guy I knew had a big GMC went busting through the woods and ran into an old barn, Another backed over a VW, Dave flipped his monster tired toyota into a ditch out in the woods at 3:00 am , seems the bottle vodka and the exotic dancer he was giving ride home impaired his vision. I have plenty more to tell sometime

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I cannot reply to this thread because my insurance company may be monitoring and if they learn secrets of how a couple of my trucks were actually totaled I might have problems.
    Good times were had by all, and some of them even happened when I was stone cold sober.

5. grampy

grampy Member 100 Posts

My last one was pretty minor - a crazy fence post leaped up and busted my right mirror & put a "dinger" in the passenger door. Hadn't even been into the Bud light yet ! Did later.

6. DannyT08

DannyT08 Member

good stuff lol... i got a buddy that didnt even touch a beer we went out to a place called rattle snake ferry and hey blew his transfer case apart in his 2005 dirtymax and when i say dirty i mean built like a brick **** house, he did it pulling out a 1995 dodge 1500... never the less it was a BAD day

7. Untouchable

Untouchable Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I was driving my old '05 down a partially finished highway back home going about 70 when I flew between two road closed signs and ramped off the end of the road (about 5' down from asphault to the dirt). My upper shock mounts broke off and my right spindle broke at the tie rod. Spent a whole weekend fixing everything. The next weekend I went and tried to pull out a buddy that was stuck in the mud...I barely got out (2 wheel drive) and dropped my driveshaft right after. Then came another weekend of repairs...so I finally quit trying to play in that truck.

8. DannyT08

DannyT08 Member

LOL some dukes of hazzard driving right there

9. Untouchable

Untouchable Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Yeah, it was. The shocks were toast. Right after that, she forever had the dreaded slope and seemed to pull to the right a little bit...even with a perfect alignment.

10. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Am I the only one who doesn't have a story of destruction happening whilst having fun? Or maybe I am just a smarterer drinkerer.