1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wonkey wipers..

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Falcone, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Falcone

Falcone Rockstar 100 Posts

I know I have quite the number of questions but I definatly figure you guys know best. So here's the low down.

Sometimes when I goto turn on my wipers they only budge a 1/4 inch or so and don't go, turn them off, then back on still nothing, then just randomly they'll start going. Other times they'll go but they will struggle and move very jerkily( new word) and sometimes they just stop halfway up or down.

Please oh please tell me its something less costly then getting a new wiper motor.
  2. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

What year? Late '90's GM had some real trouble with the wiper motor circuit boards (bad solders that cracked). Other years have reportedly had similar problems, but the late '90s even had a recall out on the circuit board.
  3. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

sounds like a motor to me, my 97 does the same thing i just open the hood and give the wiper motor a good wack and that usually does the trick
  4. Falcone

Falcone Rockstar 100 Posts

It's a 92 , 2.8L V6 . At first I thought it might have just been that I upgraded to those reflex wiper blades when I purchesed the truck in the summer and they just had too much friction againt the window but I went and swapped them out for some new normal lowend wipers and still the same problem.

How would I go about seeing if the circut board is the problem? Thanks for the help guys.