1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Wont Fit

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by djtlaz123, May 11, 2013.

1. djtlaz123

djtlaz123 New Member

Hey guys,
    So I got my new sierra classic 4x4 with an 8 inch lift. It use to fit in my old house by a 1/2 inch. Now that I bought my new house I can't pull it in the garage without letting air out of the tires. I love the stance with the 8inch lift and 22x14 wheels wrapped in 35x14.50. But it is a pain in the ass letting air out. Not to mention worried about damaging the side walls. So my question is. Has anyone ever done a 6 inch lift with airbags. My thinking is I can lower the air to get in the garage but fill when out. My other option would be to have a local company make me a set of 7" lift springs. Has anyone done any of these mods. Any help would be appreciated. Thx
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I have not done any of the above listed things. I did have a friend a few years back that had the same issue. He ended up buying some wood and reinforcing above the header on his garage door opening. Then, he cut the old header in line with the sides of his door opening. It worked out that it was in line with 2 joints for his vinyl siding. He then hinged his old header. He would open the garage door, swing the header up, lock it in place, pull the truck in, close the header and lock it in place. It cost him less than $100 to do and you could not tell from the outside of the house at all. I wish that I had pictures of it. He has since sold the home.
  3. djtlaz123

djtlaz123 New Member

Thanks, but I don't think that is an option since my home is primarily stucco and the eve that hangs over the garage will still rub on the roof. I did speak to a spring company and I guess what they are going to do is de-arch the spring by an inch. So technically that would put me at a 7inch lift. Thanks for the advice tho