Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Won't Start after Changing wires HELP

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by KyleZ71, Jul 17, 2013.

1. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I agree, Im still stuck on the grounds, especially after the mechanics report.
    Are the new valve coverrs properly grounded, the hold down fasteners didnt have insulators or excess gasket material stopping them from grounding did they?
    Ive seen issues similiar to this due to inadequate grounds on the coils.

2. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

To my knowledge no there wasn't any insulation, just metal on metal, but then again I haven't been under the hood of my truck in a week.

- - - Updated - - -

Well another day goes by without the truck. Hate that I have to call each day to find out the status

3. KyleZ71

Almost after two weeks I am now leaving to get the truck back. Here something in the wiring harness to the packs got messed up. Just glad to be able to drive it again. Hope I don't pass out when I see price

4. Jaele

Jaele Rockstar 100 Posts

dying to find out what was wrong.... and see the price tag lol

5. KyleZ71

He said the coil pack sub harness was messed up and needed to be replaced. Price tag was 633.99, that was after complaining about the time it took. That was two thirds the price he would've charged. Said it took 7 hours. Needless to say the garage took advantage of me, royally.

6. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Oooh that sucks!!! But look at it this way, at least he found it and got it running. The Chevy dealer would have charged at least $1,000 if not more, fancy tools don't make a better mechanic IMO.

7. KyleZ71

I don't know, I was thinking it would've been cheaper. The day before he finished the job I called Apple Chevrolet up to check about them taking on the project and they said that the wiring harness was most likely the problem and would be the first thing they replace.