Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

wont start no spark and i believe no fuel

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by 96sonoma, Mar 29, 2013.

1. 96sonoma

96sonoma Member

will i or someone near the tank be able to hear the spinning of the pump?

2. geo1

geo1 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

just found in book youre vehicle has the disabling feature,so no it wont spin on cranking if there is no spark,go to coil power wire and test for 12v

- - - Updated - - -

haynes book for youre ride has all the testing procedures of dist. and coil,im a one finger typer so it would take a year for me to give info,one thing,did you disturb the electric connector to dist.?check everything in vicinity of dist.

3. 96sonoma

96sonoma Member

all i know is i mixed up 2 wires on the distributer while changing fuel line started drove it back firing crazy for about like 3 mins tops but while doing all that fuel did spray up by the distibuter and stuff.... but by chance if you know the 4 relays im talking bout do you happen to know witch on is witch?

idk how much you read but distibutor does spin i did change the coil and no help

also im working on getting a multi meter i dont have one

4. geo1

relays are strong,and they have a fuse infront of them for protection,mixing 2 spark plug wires up seems coincedental,but fuel spraying,maybe?how is the button in dist.cap,the one that touches the rotor in center,is there spring pressure?

5. 96sonoma

96sonoma Member

is it on the cap or on the rotor.. and idk ill check on that tomorrow though but just in case lets say no pressure what would that mean?

6. geo1

in the cap center,it rides on the rotor for timed spark for coil,im hoping for you that something just got tweaked,do check for the 12v at coil connector,that will rule out any fuse or relay,there are two items in dist.,module and pick up coil,with book in hand and multimeter,both cheap,should help diagnose no spark,hey stuff happens

7. 96sonoma

96sonoma Member

ok so ill come back here tomorrow.. after i check the cap button thing... so i lift the cap up and its under there in the cent on the bottom of the cap correct?

8. geo1

yes,that and 12v at coil,good luck

9. 96sonoma

96sonoma Member

ok not to sure bout how to test 12v exactly but but ill figure it

10. geo1

any news yet?