1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

wont start no spark and i believe no fuel

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by 96sonoma, Mar 29, 2013.

1. 96sonoma

96sonoma Member

i took the cap off looked on the bottom and nothing there was springy,.. i also took each plug wire off the distibuter and held each one by there to check for spark? (im not sure i was told to try that) and there was no spark

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  2. geo1

geo1 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

sorry might have wrong cap in mind,youre test is fine,along as coil wire was intact,what about multimeter test?12v at coil,i dont have book near me,but if you are grounded at say,batt.then any wrong wire will be in no harms way,one hopefully shows 12v with key in run position

3. 96sonoma

96sonoma Member

multimeter test was never done dont have one yet.. also not sure on how to do that test either what would i have to do strip all the wires and hope on hits 12v?

4. geo1

you put a new coil in right?so you know the electric connector,pull it off and test,this is not a coil test,this is a power to coil test

5. 96sonoma

96sonoma Member

yea i found that out.. and also just got a multimeter.. and ima do the tests tomorrow.. so if i hit 12v then that would mean maybe the crank sensoer went bad?

- - - Updated - - -

ok so if it was done right i am not geting voltage to the coil .. so what now?

6. 96sonoma

96sonoma Member

no volts at the coil

7. geo1

sorry my computer went down,just got back yesterday,how is the truck?