1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

wont start sounds like tommy gun

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by 99Burbon4544x4, Nov 2, 2009.

1. 99Burbon4544x4

99Burbon4544x4 New Member

so i drove my truck all day and its started fine tonight i go to start it and it sounds like a tommy gun and doesnt do anything i have a 1999 [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]chevy [COLOR=blue !important]suburban[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] 454 4x4 3/4ton i went and got battery and [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]starter[/COLOR][/COLOR] checked both good so just in case i bought a starter still does same thing i go to start it and it just clicks and nothing kicks over if anyone know what i can do ill appriate it its my only vehicle or if you know where i can call or go to ask
  2. sallison

sallison New Member

My wife has caused something similar when she thinks, and it looks like, there is a little less than a quarter of a tank and then she parks in the drive... large incline, and due to the incline the fuel preasure is to low to start. 5 gallon gas can later cranked right up and drove to the gas station. It clicked as well, but I don't know that it sounded like a Tommy gun. Hope you already solved it. Just thought I would throw this out there to you.