wont start sounds like tommy gun

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by 99Burbon4544x4, Nov 2, 2009.

1. 99Burbon4544x4

99Burbon4544x4 New Member

so i drove my truck all day and its started fine tonight i go to start it and it sounds like a tommy gun and doesnt do anything i have a 1999 [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]chevy [COLOR=blue !important]suburban[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] 454 4x4 3/4ton i went and got battery and [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]starter[/COLOR][/COLOR] checked both good so just in case i bought a starter still does same thing i go to start it and it just clicks and nothing kicks over if anyone know what i can do ill appriate it its my only vehicle or if you know where i can call or go to ask

2. sallison

sallison New Member

My wife has caused something similar when she thinks, and it looks like, there is a little less than a quarter of a tank and then she parks in the drive... large incline, and due to the incline the fuel preasure is to low to start. 5 gallon gas can later cranked right up and drove to the gas station. It clicked as well, but I don't know that it sounded like a Tommy gun. Hope you already solved it. Just thought I would throw this out there to you.