Work Truck Difference

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by machboat, Feb 20, 2010.

1. machboat

machboat New Member

Besides the cosmetic differences (power windows, power door locks, chrome bumpers, carpet etc) is their any difference drive train, insulation etc between a "Work Truck" and say a SL/SLE, LT/LTE etc?

2. poncho08

poncho08 Rockstar 100 Posts

my buddy has the WT 5.3 and its bear bones nothin fancy no power (i.e windows and locks) and rubber floors steel wheels its like my LTZ but with nothin at all a farm truck pritty much.

3. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Nope, no difference at all. The work trucks are just a stripped down package designed to provide cheap and durable fleet vehicles.

4. lancer

lancer Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

my truck is a "work truck" model and its bare bones. but i've replace the center console with a jump seat, z-71 wheels and installed the overhead console. i've also thinkin about putting actuall carpet in it to cover the rubber floor. i've had a few people say theres no way its a work truck model after the lift and everything.

5. devilsalmostfree

devilsalmostfree Rockstar 100 Posts

my truck is a work truck model, but thats what i like! work truck i think would be less problems to have later on.

6. XtremeAaron

XtremeAaron Member

I also have a WT model and love it. My mom has a farm and mud on my vinyl floor is much easier to clean than carpet.

My old SUV had all the luxuries, and after one trip offroad (mudding) the windows did not want to go up easily at all. Heres some pics of the aftermath of said trip:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. machboat

machboat New Member

Ok That's what I thought. I am not really interested in all the whistles and bells. All they do is break. I have a 2000 Silverado LS and this winter when it would get cold the electric windows (even without ice on them) wouldn't go down and the electric door lock on the driver side wouldn't work. To get out I would crawl over the console and go out the passenger door. Think about that if you were in a wreck and landed on the passenger door. Or and FYI the 2000 is a thread door.

My primary concern is just to make sure that the insulation (therefore quietness of the cab) is the same as the rest of the Silverados and that the drvie trains are the same.

8. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I got the WT 5.3 4x4 model, but it came with the LS package (chrome bumper, grill, carpet and power locks/remote). The WT is missing a couple of gauges that the other models have (at least the NNBS does), no leather steering wheel and the 4x4 transfer case shifter is manual on the floor instead of electric on the dash. I love mine, but I do wish it had power windows.

9. tommyboy

tommyboy Member

Manual transfer case shift and vinyl floor. vs electronic shift and carpet. Man I miss the old days no carpet and manual shifts made life much easier.

10. lancer

lancer Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

that was something that helped me decide on my truck was the transfer case shifter was on the floor. i like it so much better grabing the shifter and knowing that its going in!!