Work Truck=slippery vinyl floor

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by glmccready, Mar 25, 2009.

1. glmccready

glmccready New Member

Hello all! I just bought a 2007 Silverado ext cab WT(work truck). The floor is vinyl, and very slippery. I tried putting in some carpet mats but they slid around too!
    Any suggestions: I'd like some carpet but would settle for anything that doesn't move around (heavy rubber)
    Thanks much!
    Gary

2. Ron505

Ron505 New Member

Sounds like someone Armor All'ed it up for you. Get it dirty, then clean it with something other than Armor All. It shouldn't be that slippery unless it has a silicone based substance on it.

3. werty

werty Rockstar 100 Posts

my reply sucks....the one at work we just never clean it:lol:the dirt keeps it "unsmooth"but seriously...i want a vinyl floor in mine and im concerned about the slickness too as id keep it clean....

4. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

5. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Velcro maybe? to hold the mats in place. I used to armor all the vinyl floor in my old Dodge truck when I was younger and dumber! just had to be careful! :rofl:

6. Kady

Kady Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

Those are a pain the but. I have them in my pick up.. They were good because we'd be all muddy after riding, and didn't mess anything up.. But I was always sliding around all over the place.

7. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!!!!

If you not concerned with it looking all shiny try scuffing it up with heavy grit sandpaper. It will cause most of the slickness to go away. Or just keep it dirty.

8. bubba33

bubba33 Rockstar 100 Posts

duct tape lol

9. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site. I have a different approach.. kinda like duct tape, but more along the lines of a fix-all for trucks... Rhino Liner! Get a small can of rhino liner and go to town. It should still look good, should be durable, and should give you the traction you are looking for.

Just a thought as I've never done it before..!..

10. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

As the proud owner of a vinyl clad truck, I have found that just good ol' soap works. It cleans it nicely, and leaves a little sheen, but not slippery.

When you're washing your truck, throw an old towel in the bucket, wring it out, and clean the floor by hand. Dry the heavy stuff and the rest air dries. If it is Armour All, maybe dish soap will be better to cut the oil base.

Welcome to the site and enjoy your vinyl. (No coffee stains, no melted gumballs, no stinky milk...)

D