Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

would 285s fit

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by 03 SIERRA, Sep 1, 2010.

1. 03 SIERRA

03 SIERRA Rockstar

i have an 03 sierra 4x4 would 285/75/16 fit with the stock rims, and wothout trimming my main plastic fachia?
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

You will need a leveling kit with that size tire. Yes they will work with the stock rims.
  3. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

X2 I had 285's on my '07 classic with stockies, but had to get keys to stop the rubbing.
  4. 03 SIERRA

03 SIERRA Rockstar

what if i just crank the t bars
  5. silveradotrailblazer

Every truck is alittle differant. Some trucks you can crank the bars enough without ruining the ride others you can't. Before you try cranking the bars measure from the front wheel center cap to the fender on both sides. Write these measuements down and save in case you want to return the bars to the stock settings. Usually you get a 1/4" of lift with 1 complete turn of the torson bar bolt. You should lift the front of the truck off the ground when you make adjustments. Make you adjustments a little at a time, lower the truck and take for a ride so the torson bars can settle in with the new adjustment. If you need to make more adjustments. I know this sounds like alot of work but its the best way to adjust the bars.
  6. clgoch187

clgoch187 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

i got 285/75/16 bfgs on my 03 z71.....all stock and no rubbing
  7. silveradotrailblazer

As mentioned, every truck is a little differant and Z-71's do sit higher because they have stiffer torson bars from the factory. The bars used on Z-71's are also used on 3/4 ton trucks.
  8. 03 SIERRA

03 SIERRA Rockstar

so z71 1500s have 2500 tbars
  9. silveradotrailblazer

Yes they do. There are several differant 3/4 bars and the Z-71 gets the lightest or softer of the 3/4 bars.
  10. Dirtysailor

Dirtysailor New Member

Have a 03 Chevy WT model all stock and never rubbed anything with 285/75/16 after 50K miles.