Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

would I be getting ripped off?

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by Schwindle, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Schwindle

Schwindle Member

So I stopped at a performance shop today and had a chat with the owner. I plan on installing a K&N CAI and Magnaflow Cat-exhaust system. He suggested to me that after I add these mods I should bring her in and they will install a chip that they are familiar with and have it completely programed on the dyno which is like 350 per hour. This seems a bit costly but is it worth it???

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

How much do you want to maximize the performance and MPG from your new parts?
    $350 an hour sounds high for Dyno time. But he is correct with his suggestion about a new chip. Or you could purchase a tuner and do some adjusting on your own, but this really depends on your level of knowledge about how your engine runs and what it needs to run better.

3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

There are several "tuners" on the site, so maybe one of them can give you some advice or tell you if you are getting a good deal. Good luck!

4. Schwindle

Schwindle Member

I would like to maximize the overall performance as mudh as possible but at the same time keep the engine as happy and healthy for the long haul. A friend of mine was telling me that there are programmers specifically set up for each vehicle and do most of the readings themselves al the user really has to do is pick what setting"perfomance, mileage, towing etc." Im just not sure what is best there are so many options... I've been looking but the more I read and research the dumber I feel.

5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

would i be getting ripped off??

Thats the highest dyno rate Ive ever seen.

6. Schwindle

Schwindle Member

Well its not the biggest town its prolly the only one around.