Would like opinion on tailgate handle.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by adampaul1964, Nov 3, 2011.

1. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Should I leave it all blue or add the chrome cover to match the new Escalade handles, help me decide! I like it both ways so maybe you guys can help. I have it on right now to see if I like it in the long term.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I would say and vote for going with a Billet Finger Grip Tailgate Handle, which is what I have, and as you mentioned Adam, going with billet handle will match/tie-in with the Escalade Door Handles.

3. LB'07-Z

LB'07-Z Rockstar 100 Posts

I think it looks sharp with all the handles matching.

4. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would also go with the chrome for the handle. I like the look of everything matching. When I do the escalade handles on mine, I will get the chrome tailgate handle and pull off the big chunky avalanche bezel to paint it.

5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Chrome handle all the way! It looks awesome all matched up!

6. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I like the chrome as well!

7. motonerd

motonerd New Member

I like it better blue... Although it does make sense to go with chrome... After looking again, it does look better chrome! :neutral:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  8. billnorman

billnorman Rockstar 100 Posts

I think it looks sharp in blue, but will it hold up without scratching if used?

9. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I have same match up as you---just the chrome handle....I also wonder ifthe outer chrome would be what would get some scratches ??....good luck.......front - end fixed yet !!!???.did you go about finding the dump-truck driver ???

10. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

So chrome handle it is...This came yesterday, a chromed full replacement handle, just switched them out this morning. There isn't much difference visually but the Putco cover did make the handle protrude a little more, and the fact that it is all one piece makes it less cheesy. I like it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]