Would like opinion on tailgate handle.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by adampaul1964, Nov 3, 2011.

1. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 New Member

Should I leave it all blue or add the chrome cover to match the new Escalade handles, help me decide! I like it both ways so maybe you guys can help. I have it on right now to see if I like it in the long term.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member

I would say and vote for going with a Billet Finger Grip Tailgate Handle, which is what I have, and as you mentioned Adam, going with billet handle will match/tie-in with the Escalade Door Handles.
  3. LB'07-Z

LB'07-Z New Member

I think it looks sharp with all the handles matching.
  4. pmf608

pmf608 New Member

I would also go with the chrome for the handle. I like the look of everything matching. When I do the escalade handles on mine, I will get the chrome tailgate handle and pull off the big chunky avalanche bezel to paint it.
  5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member

Chrome handle all the way! It looks awesome all matched up!
  6. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member

I like the chrome as well!
  7. motonerd

motonerd New Member

I like it better blue... Although it does make sense to go with chrome... After looking again, it does look better chrome! :neutral:
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  8. billnorman

billnorman New Member

I think it looks sharp in blue, but will it hold up without scratching if used?
  9. silverhobey

silverhobey New Member

I have same match up as you---just the chrome handle....I also wonder ifthe outer chrome would be what would get some scratches ??....good luck.......front - end fixed yet !!!???.did you go about finding the dump-truck driver ???
  10. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 New Member

So chrome handle it is...This came yesterday, a chromed full replacement handle, just switched them out this morning. There isn't much difference visually but the Putco cover did make the handle protrude a little more, and the fact that it is all one piece makes it less cheesy. I like it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. BrownPats420

BrownPats420 New Member

I looked at the pics of your truck and gave me the idea to throw chrome mirror covers on there, my westin step and the strip are chrome so i'm not going to chrome the door handles. I'm leaning towards the mirror covers and the tailgate lever
  12. pmf608

pmf608 New Member

I like it! I agree the actual chrome handle is less cheesy, even if people would never notice the difference.

Every time I look at this thread it makes me want my escalade handles more. Annnd, that makes me want my truck back. It's in the shop this week.
  13. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member

The Chrome Tailgate Handle looks Awesome Adam......another touch of Class Added to an Already Classy Looking Silverado!!!!.....:great: